forrest-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: forrest output charset mismatch with httpd
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 04:11:58 GMT
On 1/31/06, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
> I don't think that there is anything for us to fix.
> This is an "Appche HTTP Server" configuration issue.

Agreed.  This isn't a forrest bug.  It might be a nice feature to be
able to output latin-1 or ascii html though.

> Using wget i see that we have proper match betwwen HTTP headers
> and the Content-Type heclared in the head section of our html.
>
> I tried temporarily adding to Cocoon's .htaccess and that
> fixed theirs.
>
> Using wget against incubator.apache.org/solr/ shows the same
> as Forrest. So i don't see what the problem is.

It works for me now too.
Something must have changed... browser cache, server restart,
.htaccess only read periodically?

So Solr is OK now, but what of all the other sites?

Here's an interesting link:
http://padawan.info/web/debugging_charset_encoding_mismatch_with_apache.html

-Yonik