forrest-user mailing list archives

From Paul.Div...@alcatel.fr
Subject Re: Apache Forrest 0.7 0.8 internationalisation
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:41:41 GMT
Thanks for information
and sorry for html trouble.

Paul

Paul.Divine@alcatel.fr wrote:

> Hi List,

Please do not send HTM mails to mailing lists. Some readers use non-html
email readers and the archives get messed up by HTML mail.

> I am interrested in transforming my Forrest site from mono lingual to  a

> multilingual site.
> I saw examples on wich there is a tab fo each language.
> It seem there is more elegant solution.
> I have basic needs concerning the "skin" I used the default one (pelt).
> Concerning the intenationalisation, the need is the folowing.
> A)To be translated :
>   - the pages
>   - the tab
>   - the menu
> B)To choose the language
>   - A list of language name (each name in it language exemple english
> deutsch ..) at the top or on the left.
>   - or a  select with option at the top
> When the user make a choice, the current page is displayed with the
> chosen language.
>
> I read the in line documenation
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/howto/howto-view-install.html
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/howto/howto-view-dsl.html
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/howto/howto-view-contracts.html
>
> To instal view, the begin of the operation is

Why are you looking at views? Views are an indevelopment feature and
have nothing to do (directly) with i18n.

> cd {forrest-trunk}
> svn up
>

> What do we have  install to be able to do it?

If you want to work with SVN head:
http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html#cvshowto

<http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/i18n-transformer.html>.

> You can see an example of how it works in the above linked issue.
>
> But the Cocooni18n Transformer link is broken.

The correct link is now
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/i18nTransformer.html

(I've updated the docs, thanks for letting us know).

> For the updating of the tab and the menu the core work seems to be the
> updating of the site2xhtml.xsl.
>
> What is possible in version 0.7? How to do it?
> What is possible in version 0.8? How to do it?
> What will be possible in version  0.8? How to do it?
> Has any Forrest user a site with the I18n active?

Search the user archives [1], all these questions, and more are answered
in recent discussions here. In particular you may like to look for
threads in whic Helena has participated, she has done much work on
pulling together the various bits of knowledge we have.

If, after reading the archives, you have any specific questions about
how to achieve stuff we will be better positioned to help you, but
general questions like those above are very difficult to answer in the
limited time the volunteers here have.

Ross

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Ross