forrest-user mailing list archives

From Helena Edelson <hel...@greenjaguar.com>
Subject Re: test for html pattern for alternate site2html
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:19:32 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Helena Edelson wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>> I am trying to set up a test where if the request URI is {project
>>> home}/index.html
>>> override skinning that page using site2html.xsl with another
>>> modified version of the file.
>>>
>>> I see in main/webapps/sitemap.xmap 2 pipelines pertaining to
>>> skinning and wonder
>>> where to add the test in my project sitemap and set the modified
>>> site2html for the final skinning of the "home" page,
>>> and how to construct the statement.
>>>
>>> [snippet from main/webapps/sitemap.xmap]
>>> <map:pipeline internal-only="false">
>>> <!--pipeline that "marries" the docs in the root dir with the skin
>>> to produce html-->
>>>      <map:match pattern="*.html">
>>>        <map:aggregate element="site">
>>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/skinconf.xml"/>
>>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/build-info"/>
>>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/tab-{0}"/>
>>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/menu-{0}"/>
>>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/body-{0}"/>
>>>        </map:aggregate>
>>>               <map:call resource="skinit">
>>>          <map:parameter name="type" value="site2xhtml"/>
>>>          <map:parameter name="path" value="{0}"/>
>>>        </map:call>
>>>      </map:match>
>>> kind regards,
>>> helena
>>>

>> Here is an example of the current index pipeline:
>> <map:match pattern="index.xml">
>>                 <map:call resource="all-articles-aggregator-resourse"/>
>>                 <map:transform
>> src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/index.xsl"/>
>>                 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>             </map:match>
>>         </map:pipeline>
>>
>> when I insert this above the inital resource, it appears you must
>> declare "skinit" somewhere.
>> any idea where?
>>
>> <map:call resource="skinit">
>>           <map:parameter name="type" value="index2xhtml"/>
>>           <map:parameter name="path" value="{0}"/>
>>         </map:call>
>

> I'm a little confused by what you have actually done here. What you
> should do is:
>
> 1. create an empty project sitemap (if you seeded your site when
> creating it using forrest you will already have a simple example one)
>
> 2. Add your match to the map:patterns part of the sitemap
>
> 3. add your resource to the project sitemap
>
> That is it.
>
> You should *not* be copying anything from the core sitemap into your
> project sitemap. If your project sitemap does not process a request it
> will fall through to the core sitemap.
>
> Ross

To rephrase the question:
What do you need to do in sitemap to override using site2xhtml.xsl for
one page request only, and implement another
skin stylesheet of type <xsl:template match="site"> ?
this is my current index.xml file entry in sitemap using a custom
{project.resources-dir}/stylesheets/index.xsl
for custom output but the framework around it needs to be in a modified
skin as well.
I can add this as a howto later for projects needing a special homepage
layout if desired.

            <map:match pattern="index.xml">
                 <map:call resource="all-articles-aggregator-resourse"/>
                <map:transform
src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/index.xsl">
                    <map:parameter name="entries" value="1"/>
                </map:transform>
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
            </map:match>