forrest-user mailing list archives

From Helena Edelson <hel...@greenjaguar.com>
Subject Re: test for html pattern for alternate site2html
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:59:26 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Helena Edelson wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>> I am trying to set up a test where if the request URI is {project
>>> home}/index.html
>>> override skinning that page using site2html.xsl with another
>>> modified version of the file.
>>>
>>> I see in main/webapps/sitemap.xmap 2 pipelines pertaining to
>>> skinning and wonder
>>> where to add the test in my project sitemap and set the modified
>>> site2html for the final skinning of the "home" page,
>>> and how to construct the statement.
>>>
>>> [snippet from main/webapps/sitemap.xmap]
>>> <map:pipeline internal-only="false">
>>> <!--pipeline that "marries" the docs in the root dir with the skin
>>> to produce html-->
>>>      <map:match pattern="*.html">
>>>        <map:aggregate element="site">
>>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/skinconf.xml"/>
>>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/build-info"/>
>>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/tab-{0}"/>
>>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/menu-{0}"/>
>>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/body-{0}"/>
>>>        </map:aggregate>
>>>               <map:call resource="skinit">
>>>          <map:parameter name="type" value="site2xhtml"/>
>>>          <map:parameter name="path" value="{0}"/>
>>>        </map:call>
>>>      </map:match>
>>> kind regards,
>>> helena
>>>

>> Here is an example of the current index pipeline:
>> <map:match pattern="index.xml">
>>                 <map:call resource="all-articles-aggregator-resourse"/>
>>                 <map:transform
>> src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/index.xsl"/>
>>                 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>             </map:match>
>>         </map:pipeline>
>>
>> when I insert this above the inital resource, it appears you must
>> declare "skinit" somewhere.
>> any idea where?
>>
>> <map:call resource="skinit">
>>           <map:parameter name="type" value="index2xhtml"/>
>>           <map:parameter name="path" value="{0}"/>
>>         </map:call>
>

> I'm a little confused by what you have actually done here. What you
> should do is:
>
> 1. create an empty project sitemap (if you seeded your site when
> creating it using forrest you will already have a simple example one)
>
> 2. Add your match to the map:patterns part of the sitemap
>
> 3. add your resource to the project sitemap
>
> That is it.
>
> You should *not* be copying anything from the core sitemap into your
> project sitemap. If your project sitemap does not process a request it
> will fall through to the core sitemap.
>
> Ross

Hi, not copying anything from core.
Simply, in my match for the index.xml (homepage), I run it though it's
custom stylesheet, index.xsl but am trying to use an alternate
site2xhtml.xsl for this page and the rest of the requests use
site2xhtml.xsl.

My sitemap works fine except when testing options on how to solve this.
helena