forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: test for html pattern for alternate site2html
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:36:33 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I am trying to set up a test where if the request URI is {project
>> home}/index.html
>> override skinning that page using site2html.xsl with another modified
>> version of the file.
>>
>> I see in main/webapps/sitemap.xmap 2 pipelines pertaining to skinning
>> and wonder
>> where to add the test in my project sitemap and set the modified
>> site2html for the final skinning of the "home" page,
>> and how to construct the statement.
>>
>>[snippet from main/webapps/sitemap.xmap]
>><map:pipeline internal-only="false">
>><!--pipeline that "marries" the docs in the root dir with the skin to produce html-->
>>      <map:match pattern="*.html">
>>        <map:aggregate element="site">
>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/skinconf.xml"/>
>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/build-info"/>
>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/tab-{0}"/>
>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/menu-{0}"/>
>>          <map:part src="cocoon:/body-{0}"/>
>>        </map:aggregate>
>>
>>        <map:call resource="skinit">
>>          <map:parameter name="type" value="site2xhtml"/>
>>          <map:parameter name="path" value="{0}"/>
>>        </map:call>
>>      </map:match>
>>
>>kind regards,
>>helena
>>

> Here is an example of the current index pipeline:
> <map:match pattern="index.xml">
>                 <map:call resource="all-articles-aggregator-resourse"/>
>                 <map:transform
> src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/index.xsl"/>
>                 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>             </map:match>
>         </map:pipeline>
>
> when I insert this above the inital resource, it appears you must
> declare "skinit" somewhere.
> any idea where?
>
> <map:call resource="skinit">
>           <map:parameter name="type" value="index2xhtml"/>
>           <map:parameter name="path" value="{0}"/>
>         </map:call>

I'm a little confused by what you have actually done here. What you
should do is:

1. create an empty project sitemap (if you seeded your site when
creating it using forrest you will already have a simple example one)

2. Add your match to the map:patterns part of the sitemap

3. add your resource to the project sitemap

That is it.

You should *not* be copying anything from the core sitemap into your
project sitemap. If your project sitemap does not process a request it
will fall through to the core sitemap.

Ross