forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: Re: common+skins document2html.xsl questions
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:57:41 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El dom, 22-01-2006 a las 17:27 -0500, Helena Edelson escribió:

>>Is it worth waiting on this and helping to test the Dispatcher?
>

> IMO that is the best you could do. You have reached a point that I had
> when I decided that we need something more powerful then skins.

I would echo Thorstens comments here. Most of the problems you have
identified in this thread were part of the original inspiration for
Thorsten when he created the first instance of what is now the Dispatcher.

You used the words "test the dispatcher". That is exactly what you would
be doing. The Dispatcher is usable (I use it myself on a couple of
production sites, but it has some very rough edges. We need more people
like you to help us find those rough edges.

In your case I think the pay-off will be high since you can do all that
you describe much more easily with the Dispatcher. You are having to
work with the XSL and/or xmap in the other solutions you have examined
so the "extra" work in having to touch code occasionally is not an issue
here.

Ross