forrest-user mailing list archives

From Helena Edelson <hel...@greenjaguar.com>
Subject Re: common+skins document2html.xsl questions
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:18:21 GMT

David Crossley wrote:

>Helena Edelson wrote:
>

>>>does it has to be *in* the xdocs? Or is it that is coming just
>>>afterward? Is it xdocs itself, if so did you try a "simple" cinclude on
>>>the xdocs (before skining)?
>>>

>>Do you mean implement a c_include on the xdocs (before skining)? in the
>>skin?
>>Would need to set up some control since the content I'm trying to get
>>into a document is different or not needed for each.
>>

>Yes the include mechanisms would operate before skinning,
>at the content gathering stage.
>
>Another way would be to create a project sitemap to add the content
>(before skinning). The sitemap can deal with adding different content
>for different URL patterns.

Will this input into the entire "content" zone of the skin or
sort of inject it into part of the content zone
    (defining content as being from skin.body template
    which I think does not include the other templates such as menu or
footer)

>There was a example about this recently on the mailing lists.
>The user was over-riding the core *.html pipeline for certain
>docs. The relevant aggregation happens around line 508 of
>$FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap in forrest_07_branch
>and the subsequent match. You would need to copy this to your
>project sitemap and add an extra map:part for your new content
>nugget. See the recent mailing list example.
>

>  <map:match pattern="asx-announce.xml">
>    <map:aggregate element="watchlist-and-tables">
>      <map:part src="{project:resources}/watchlist-asx.xml"/>
>      <map:part src="cocoon:/get-asx-announce-today"/>
>     </map:aggregate>
>[1] <map:transform src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/asx-announce-to-internal.xsl"
/>
>    <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
>  </map:match>
>  <map:match pattern="get-asx-announce-today">
>    <map:generate type="html" src="http://asx.com.au/asx/statistics/todayAnnHeaders.jsp"
/>
>    <map:transform src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/asx-announce-today-to-table.xsl"
/>
>    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>  </map:match>
>
>The stylesheet at [1] produces Forrest internal xdoc format.

That is very cool. I see what you mean.

>[ snip ]
>

>>Well, not in this instance. I was thinking about a php app, or some java
>>things where there is a string config file for instance,
>>allowing you to get fields into the content area (xdocs), but there is
>>code controling what goes where when, which xdocs content won't.
>>

>There are ways to get extra content into the xml stream
>before the skinning stage, using Cocoon sitemap aggregation.
>See above.
>
>As you can see, it will be a lot easier with the new Dispatcher.
>
>                        --oOo--

yes, recently worked on ftp xml for big external product catalog input
before skinning. But I might be able to get the same result
using the example above if the extrernal URL is not to convoluted.
Works, but not a long term solution.

You implement multiple sitemaps per project as the f7/main/webapp does?
helena