forrest-user mailing list archives

From Helena Edelson <hel...@greenjaguar.com>
Subject Re: FW: Re: common+skins document2html.xsl questions
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:27:37 GMT
Thorsten -
I won't get into the Dispatcher here, so I'm sending it to user@FAO.
Thank you for the feedback:

Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>El dom, 22-01-2006 a las 12:32 -0500, Helena escribiÃ3:
>

>>I am confused on getting data into xdocs content.
>>

>does it has to be *in* the xdocs? Or is it that is coming just
>afterward? Is it xdocs itself, if so did you try a "simple" cinclude on
>the xdocs (before skining)?

Do you mean implement a c_include on the xdocs (before skining)? in the
skin?
Would need to set up some control since the content I'm trying to get
into a document is different or not needed for each.

>>I've been testing some of my own hacks (manglings) for getting meta data
>>into sections of xdoc xml content files(document 2.0 dtd)
>>

>What is this meta data can you give an example?

*meta data* ranges from simple xml files of things like
<foo some_id="xy"><lots_of_nested_stuff>stuff</lots_of_nested_stuff></foo>
to other xml files of code snippets from affiliate trackers and links
with scary things the dtd won't accept
( tried to customize my own dtd for greater flexibility).
Why an organization would use html <iframe>  (amazon.com) for rendering
in a multitude of browsers is a mystery.
<product product_id="1" author_id="">
        <title>Expedition Medicine</title>
        <affilliate>
<iframe
src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=ourid&#38;o=1&#38;p=8&#38;l=as1&#38;asins=1861974345&#38;nou=1&#38;fc1=cccccc&#38;IS2=1&#38;lt1=_blank&#38;lc1=ffffff&#38;bc1=5555555&#38;bg1=444444&#38;f=ifr"

style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    </affilliate>
    </product>

>>This is simple with xslt files, jsp/servlets, php  where aspects are
>>easily split so one can set in say a language file
>>the messages to output (Forrest has this but..) in various areas of the
>>Content (xdocs/*.xml).
>>

>That sounds like you want to include another language in the content,
>right?

Well, not in this instance. I was thinking about a php app, or some java
things where there is a string config file for instance,
allowing you to get fields into the content area (xdocs), but there is
code controling what goes where when, which xdocs content won't.

>>The only way I see is to customize both common document2html.xsl and
>>skins document2html.xsl
>>(very messy:reusability rather sad)
>>

>Yes, that is why I started the work on the dispatcher aka views. Here
>you can easily define custom business services that you can include and
>process in your output.
>

>>class="fork" is being stripped by my editor and <link> not allowed.
>>

>link is xdocs < 2.0 and in =>2.0  it is <a/>.
>http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.html#changes-20

I tried both link and a to be sure, neither worked for me, must be an
editor issue.

>Seems you need to configure your editor that @class does not get
>stripped. Try with "vi", that will not strip it. ;-)
>

>>tested a custom template for matching <a> to implement class fork but it
>>kept being stripped.
>>did a bunch of (starts-with...) to catch "http:" and if found, do <a
>>href="{@href} target="_blank"> just like "fork"
>>with no luck either on like ten tries at template variations. Anyone
>>have any ideas?
>>

>Hmm, I have just tested it on the lenya docu and it is working like a
>charm.
>class="fork">lenya.zones.apache.org</a> provides our testing and
>demonstration area. It is managed by Apache Lenya committers. </p>

I get  error:ext:lenya-zone for the resulting URL.

class="fork">lenya.zones.apache.org</a>

?

Is it worth waiting on this and helping to test the Dispatcher?
I've been trying everything off an on for a while now.
no luck yet.