forrest-user mailing list archives

From Helena Edelson <hel...@greenjaguar.com>
Subject common+skins document2html.xsl questions
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 17:32:39 GMT

I am confused on getting data into xdocs content.
I've been testing some of my own hacks (manglings) for getting meta data
into sections of xdoc xml content files(document 2.0 dtd)

This is simple with xslt files, jsp/servlets, php  where aspects are
easily split so one can set in say a language file
the messages to output (Forrest has this but..) in various areas of the
Content (xdocs/*.xml).

Am I missing something or is it in 0.8 ?
Maybe it is in teh all-talked about coat or views. Is 0.8 in MVC?

The only way I see is to customize both common document2html.xsl and
skins document2html.xsl
(very messy:reusability rather sad)

class="fork" is being stripped by my editor and <link> not allowed.
tested a custom template for matching <a> to implement class fork but it
kept being stripped.
did a bunch of (starts-with...) to catch "http:" and if found, do <a
href="{@href} target="_blank"> just like "fork"
with no luck either on like ten tries at template variations. Anyone
have any ideas?

greatful for any insight,
helena