forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: input of local meta data to skin or xdocs
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:13:08 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:

> Is there an existing mechanism connecting local XML meta data with xml
> content files
> or does one have to do something like include meta file(s) in question
> into skins/../../../document2html.xsl?
> (this seems messy since document2html is used for all)
>
>      +============+
>      |       topstrip        |
>      +============+
>      |                         |
>      |       centerstrip    |
>      |                         | <-- data into here in <section> or
>      +============+ <-- data into here after Body of document2html.xsl
>      |       bottomstrip   |
>      +============+
>

> I'm trying to get content-specific data into the Content area of the skin.
> Simple when using XSL, not so easy with xdoxs/xml.

Hmmm, I was waiting for someone to respond to this, maybe someone will
do so still. However, I want to make sure it doesn't get completely lost.

Using the skins system you should customise the skin to include this
data. You are correct that you will have to edit document2html.xsl, and
yes it can be messy, this is one of the motivations for building the
dispatcher. Using the (in development) dispatcher it is much easier, but
that is a dev topic).

Ross