forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml feed input
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:27:24 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:

> Is the 0.8-dev moving to a stable release in a few weeks, a month? Is
> there a general projection?

Never ask an Open Source project when the next release will come ;-)

The code that is scheduled for inclusion in 0.8-dev is pretty stable.
There are some rough edges that need smoothing over, but core code is
complete.

Keep an eye on the roadmap in Jira for updates on progress and known
issues with SVN head [1]

> I need to get the ftp xml data in the site in a few days. Sunday if I
> don't sleep. I guess by the time I upgrade the app from 0.7 to 0.8
> maybe it will be a stable release and I'll use the Dispatcher.

The dispatcher will not be in the 0.8 release (well, it will, but it
won't be release status so will be undocumented). Besides, as I said in
the original mail, the dispatcher is not the place to define the
location of source files, that is the locationmap.

> I am sure
> I'll post many questions while I upgrade :-)

That will be really useful in helping us to write the upgrade
instructions However, please keep those questions to the dev list in
order to keep noise down for users sticking with 0.7

Ross

[1]
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310000&fixfor=12310040