forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Apache Forrest Documentation
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:58:48 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:
> Yes, plan is to write a howto on Internationalization. Noticed today all
> the basic Common_Messages in $FORREST_HOME.../skins/common after
> creating them from scratch myself last week, not realizing these handy
> templates existed as a base to work off of. It is rather easy to get
> started on once you realize the infrastructure work is basically done,
> and all the information about it swimming around is already implemented
> either in Cocoon or F7. We need only configure and add to it.

Great news, congratulations on getting back to the surface of that
particularly deep pool.

> I do think we need a translation engine plugin to, in a sense, skin the
> output text into the appropriate languages.
> If I work on this alone, it could be epic, however I am looking into it
> this month. If anyone has any experience, suggestions, please do pass
> insights to the list. Might help to save some time.

As I have hinted at previously, I think this is actualy much simpler
than it may appear (at least if you use 0.8-dev, it is much harder in
0.7). However, this is a dev topic. If you post on the dev list I will
stop hinting and start brainstorming with you. We try not to discuss dev
topics here in order to keep the focus on user support.

View raw message