forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to find the culprit in case of "BROKEN: No pipeline matched request" ?
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:14:09 GMT
> Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> > I have a somewhat large site that is generated via Forrest 0.7, and I
> > get the dreaded "BROKEN: No pipeline matched request:" error. Now the
> > interesting part is that the page noted in the error message is there,
> > in fact three lines before the error message, Forrest did state that
> > it successfully processed the file.
>
> That sounds very strange. Please provide more details, such as:
>
> - Forrest version
> - execution mode
> - request being made
> - details of any customisations you have made (project sitemap, skin etc.)
> - plugins in use

As I wrote, Forrest 0.7 (official release) on Windows, execution via
Ant (site target in forrest.build.xml). Normal HTML generation (no
other plugins used, not even PDF). Some adaptations to the CSS, but
nothing big.

> > Now I wonder, is there a way to get more info from Forrest, e.g. who
> > and where did reference the page, etc. ? brokenlinks.xml does not
> > really help, it basically states the same info as the commandline
> > output.
>
> The broken links file tells you which page had the reference which
> resulted in the break. The command line output just tells you that there
> was a break.

I found the problem (but not via any Forrest output): the XML source
for the page in question was not fully correct - it contained an area
tag with an invalid URL. Now Forrest created the HTML page, but still
complained about it somehow/somewhere.
After removing the area tag, all works fine now.

Tom