forrest-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest output charset mismatch with httpd
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 02:11:07 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Yonik Seeley wrote:
> >Yonik Seeley wrote:
> >
> >>It seems like this should be fixed for everyone, not on a case-by-case 
> >>basis.
> >
> >I ran down the list of apache sites I could find that use forrest.
> 
> Thanks for your feedback on this, we are examing this on the dev list. 
> Since you have done some very useful investigation into this can you 
> please open an issue and link to this mail thread in the archives. That 
> way you will be notified when we work out the fix and the issue will 
> stop us forgetting it.

I don't think that there is anything for us to fix.
This is an "Appche HTTP Server" configuration issue.

> >All of the following have the charset in the HTTP headers mismatching
> >the declared charset in the document.
> >
> >http://xml.apache.org/
> >http://xml.apache.org/security/
> >http://cocoon.apache.org/
> >http://lenya.apache.org/
> >http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/
> >http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/
> >http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/
> >http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/
> >http://ws.apache.org/
> >http://xmlbeans.apache.org/
> >http://ws.apache.org/axis/
> >http://ws.apache.org/soap/
> >http://ws.apache.org/wsrf/
> >http://ws.apache.org/pubscribe/
> >http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/
> >http://gump.apache.org/
> >http://jakarta.apache.org/hivemind/
> >http://myfaces.apache.org/
> >http://db.apache.org/derby/
> >http://lucene.apache.org/
> >http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/
> >http://incubator.apache.org/solr/
> >http://incubator.apache.org/woden/
> >http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/

The .htaccess at forrest.apache.org has "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8".

Using wget i see that we have proper match betwwen HTTP headers
and the Content-Type heclared in the head section of our html.

I tried temporarily adding to Cocoon's .htaccess and that
fixed theirs.

Using wget against incubator.apache.org/solr/ shows the same
as Forrest. So i don't see what the problem is.

-David

Mime
View raw message