forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Odd 'diffs' when building incubator site
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:40:53 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> >I promise to post an 'svn diff' later today for
> >site-publish\skin\screen.css -- has been too busy to get to yet. If
> >anyone has opinions about which  file(s) I should do 'svn diff' on I'll
> >be happy to do that(those).
>
> site-publish\skin\basic.css was smaller so I did that diff instead. It
> looks like the entire file is duplicated (157 lines in the file, 319
> lines in the diff).

Hmm, that sounds like a line-endings problem.

This file is copied from the forrest core during
the build.

I just verified that it has "svn:eol-style : native"
and no dos line-endings. main/webapp/skins/pelt/css/basic.css

Ah, i wonder. How did you obtain this forrest
installation on each platform? No, that will not
be it. You must have an SVN checkout, because we
use forrest_07_branch. I was wondering if it was
the packaged release and you got the *.tar.gz instead
of the *.zip or vice-versa. But no.

> I also did a diff on projects\derby.html because to my eye it exhibits
> something different (595 lines in the file, 54 lines in the diff). There
> are entries such as these:
>
>    -<a href="#Produce+a+release">Produce a release
>    +<a href="#Produce+a+release">Produce a release&#13;
>
>    -<h3 class="underlined_5">Project Setup
>    +<h3 class="underlined_5">Project Setup&#13;

Ah, that is a good clue. I note that the source for
that doc is derby.cwiki ... see if it makes a difference
to put a blank line after the heading marker: ! Produce a...

-David