forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: common+skins document2html.xsl questions
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 04:05:29 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> >Yes the include mechanisms would operate before skinning,
> >at the content gathering stage.
> >
> >Another way would be to create a project sitemap to add the content
> >(before skinning). The sitemap can deal with adding different content
> >for different URL patterns.
>
> Will this input into the entire "content" zone of the skin or
> sort of inject it into part of the content zone
>    (defining content as being from skin.body template
>    which I think does not include the other templates such as menu or
> footer)

No. See the sitemap match that i refer to below (line 508).
Only the last map:part goes into the content body. The other
parts provide data that is used later by the skin stylesheets.
For example, see the "build-info" part which is used later
by main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl line 326.

> >There was a example about this recently on the mailing lists.
> >The user was over-riding the core *.html pipeline for certain
> >docs. The relevant aggregation happens around line 508 of
> >$FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap in forrest_07_branch
> >and the subsequent match. You would need to copy this to your
> >project sitemap and add an extra map:part for your new content
> >nugget. See the recent mailing list example.

Please be careful when snipping mail.
Note for the archives: The preceding comment has nothing
to do with teh following example.

> > <map:match pattern="asx-announce.xml">
> >   <map:aggregate element="watchlist-and-tables">
> >     <map:part src="{project:resources}/watchlist-asx.xml"/>
> >     <map:part src="cocoon:/get-asx-announce-today"/>
> >    </map:aggregate>
> >[1] <map:transform
> >src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/asx-announce-to-internal.xsl" />
> >   <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
> > </map:match>
> > <map:match pattern="get-asx-announce-today">
> >   <map:generate type="html"
> >   src="http://asx.com.au/asx/statistics/todayAnnHeaders.jsp" />
> >   <map:transform
> >   src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/asx-announce-today-to-table.xsl" />
> >   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> > </map:match>
> >
> >The stylesheet at [1] produces Forrest internal xdoc format.
>
> That is very cool. I see what you mean.
>
> >[ snip ]
> >

> >>Well, not in this instance. I was thinking about a php app, or some java
> >>things where there is a string config file for instance,
> >>allowing you to get fields into the content area (xdocs), but there is
> >>code controling what goes where when, which xdocs content won't.
> >
> >There are ways to get extra content into the xml stream
> >before the skinning stage, using Cocoon sitemap aggregation.
> >See above.
> >
> >As you can see, it will be a lot easier with the new Dispatcher.
> >
> >                       --oOo--
> >

> yes, recently worked on ftp xml for big external product catalog input
> before skinning. But I might be able to get the same result
> using the example above if the extrernal URL is not to convoluted.
> Works, but not a long term solution.
>
> You implement multiple sitemaps per project as the f7/main/webapp does?

Is that a question about the above "asx" example?
If so, the answer is "no".

-David