forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml feed input
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 01:55:49 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:

> Is the 0.8-dev moving to a stable release in a few weeks, a month? Is
> there a general projection?
> I need to get the ftp xml data in the site in a few days. Sunday if I
> don't sleep. I guess by the time I upgrade the app from 0.7 to 0.8
> maybe it will be a stable release and I'll use the Dispatcher. I am sure
> I'll post many questions while I upgrade :-)

The reference that Thorsten provided for FTPSourceFactory
can surely be used in any Forrest version ...

cd $FORREST_HOME/lib/core
[core]$ grep FTPSourceFactory *.jar
Binary file excalibur-sourceresolve-1.1.jar matches

So it is present in our Cocoon.

Follow the instructions to enable it in
main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf

I have tried but i presume that it is then used
in your project sitemap as a normal source:
<map:generate src="ftp://..."/>

-David