forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Forrest Documentation
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:27:26 GMT
Milind Parikh wrote:
> I am sold on Forrest !! I will be writing about Apache Forrest on
> www.milindparikh.com. milindparikh.com is powered through Apache
> Forrest.

Cool - thanks.

 > I would like to have five-six chapters on Forrest. This is the
> proposed format...
>
> 1. 30 second pitch on Forrest (want this to be a slide show... just
> cannot get s5slides to work).

If you want to tell us what the symptoms are we can advise.

> 2. One hour Teach A Man To Fish (TAMTF) series on Forrest
> 3. One Day Deep Immersion (ODDI) series on Forrest
> 4. Internationalization with Forrest
> 5. Plugin Development with Forrest
>
> I should be done with these chapters by January 15th. Any suggestions
> are welcome !

That is some fastwriting!

It's difficult to make comments when all we have to go on is a title, so
I'll avoid making assumptions about the content.

With respect to 4, Helena is working very hard at understanding our
rather patchy i18n support. I would recomend teaming up with her on this
(via this list). Since your matrials are copyrighted there are limits to
how closely you can cooperate, but at least in terms of deciphering the
varied (and occasionally contradictory) sources of information we have I
am sure you can assist one another.

Ross