forrest-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Stolpmann <Torsten.Stolpm...@verit.de>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryException with customized project sitemap. Was: linkmap customization
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:22:38 GMT
> The solution is therefore to use a regexp matcher in the project sitemap
> so that it does not match body-* and menu-* etc. This will allow you to
> use the sitemap extension mechanism without touching the core sitemap. I
> *strongly* advise against touching any of the core Forrest files as it
> will cause problems for you in upgrading Forrest in the future.
>
> There are examples of regexp matchers in the core sitemap. I'm pretty
> poor with regular expressions, if you don't know what to put in the
> pattern ask here, I'm sure there will be someone who can tell you how to
> match
>
> **.html but not (**/menu-*.html or **/body-*.html or **/tabs-*.html)
>
> (I think they are the only ones you need to avoid).

So this would be something like ^(?!tab-|menu-|body-).*.html$ and
^.*/(?!tab-|menu-|body-).*.html$ respectivly.

Unfortunatly jakarta-regexp (which is used inside cocoon) doesn't seem
to support the negative lookahead (?!...) and gives me a
'RESyntaxException: Syntax error: Missing operand to closure'.

This already been reported on the regexp mailing list (See:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.regexp.user/168).

Too bad - jakarta-oro supports perl5 regexps.

I'll go hunting for a supported regexp and will report in later.

A big thanks to all who were replying so far!

Torsten