forrest-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Stolpmann <Torsten.Stolpm...@verit.de>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryException with customized project sitemap. Was: linkmap customization
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:14:28 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> It sounds to me like you have unnecessary matches in
> your project sitemap that are interfering with Forrest core.

See my other post containing the sitemap. Sorry for the attachment.

> Or as Tim suggested, your copying of the core sitemap needs
> some tweaks to point to resources in the parent sitemap.

Exactly this is what I like to find out. The naive approach of
duplicating and modifying the content of the core sitemap (or relevant
parts thereof) does not seem to hold. But even with the much improved
documentation regarding sitemaps I'm pretty much clueless on how to
proceed from here.

> Would you please explain what you are trying to achieve
> with your "intended changes". Perhaps there is a better way.

Sure. Nothing fancy actually. We implemented a 'news'-box in our skin
which displays below the menu the last n items from an RSS feed we will
provide. So besides the usual tab, menu and body stuff we need another
pipeline providing the rss content. Since this has to be present on
every page the skinning process appears to be the right place.

This is already implemented and works very well but only if the changes
to the sitemap are present in the forrest core sitemap.

For the <map:match pattern="*.html"> and
  the <map:match pattern="**/*.html"> blocks the changes consist of an
additional <map:part src="cocoon:/news/news.xml"/> statement.

> -David

Thanks,

Torsten