forrest-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Stolpmann <Torsten.Stolpm...@verit.de>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryException with customized project sitemap. Was: linkmap customization
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:22:33 GMT

Tim Williams wrote:
> On 12/26/05, Torsten Stolpmann <Torsten.Stolpmann@verit.de> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>while enabling a similar modification in the project sitemap I
>>consistently run into OutOfMemory exceptions. I am using forrest 0.7
>>with the war option.
>>
>>As a crosscheck I copied an existing, unmodified forrest sitemap.xmap
>>into the documentation folder which gives me exactly the same results.
>

> I would imagine that would lead to some strange results.  Since this
> is where project sitemaps are mounted, it's probably just continuously
> mounting itself.

Sounds reasonable.

>>When applying my intended changes to the forrest sitemap.xmap i am able
>>to achieve what i want. Any attempt to incorporate those changes in the
>>project sitemap fails with OutOfMemory Exceptions.
>>
>>What am I doing wrong here? What parts of the original sitemap.xmap
>>would I need to implement in the project sitemap?
>>
>>My current assumptions are:
>><map:match pattern="*.html">...
>><map:match pattern="**/*.html">...
>>And (out of necessity, cocoon would else complain about the missing
>>resource definition):
>>   <map:resources>
>>     <map:resource name="skinit">...
>

> Have you tried using what Thorsten posted in the other thread and
> changing cocoon:/ to cocoon://  ?  By using cocoon:// it should go all
> the way back to the root sitemap looking for the match and not need
> copying into the project sitemap.

I have to do some investigation to understand what you are suggesting
here. I have tried exchanging cocoon:/ with cocoon:// but that gives me
the same exception. Probably you meant something different here?

> I wonder if you can send your attempt at the project sitemap and let
> someone have a look?

Sure, you find it attached. It just contains the parts taken from the
forrest sitemap.xmap I needed to modify (which i haven't done here to
keep things simple). So this is the minimum broken example I could
provide at the moment.

> --tim

Thanks,

Torsten