forrest-user mailing list archives

From Helena Edelson <hel...@greenjaguar.com>
Subject Re: i18n info
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:19:21 GMT
Between the mailing list archives (both user and dev), the forrest and
cocoon docs, and the i18n code in forrest itself, plus satellite info
like Cheche's blog, there is rather a lot of information. I found it
hard to sort out what NOT to do, since options seem great to customize
(things like <i18n:attribute, translate, text...>,  Getting
Common_Messages parsing language text in the skin is, er.., interesting,
some being in skinconf, some being in site2html.

Has anyone on this list worked with web-based translation engines?
Hard-coding each content page is not really an option for large sites
with a high frequency of new content.

With guidance, I could contribute a basic i18n how to. The basics are
rather easy actually. But I wonder, there seems to be so much in cocoon
for i18n, is there anything there to implement in forrest to gain more
flexibility? Or is forrest's implementation already drawing fully on that?

thanks :)
Helena