forrest-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Stolpmann <Torsten.Stolpm...@verit.de>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryException with customized project sitemap. Was: linkmap customization
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:32:52 GMT
I crosschecked that by increasing maxmemory to 256Meg to no avail. This
seems not to be related to FOR-591 but is a plain recursion:

at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.wrapper.EnvironmentWrapper.getAttribute(EnvironmentWrapper.java:228)
at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.wrapper.MutableEnvironmentFacade.getAttribute(MutableEnvironmentFacade.java:176)
at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.wrapper.EnvironmentWrapper.getAttribute(EnvironmentWrapper.java:228)
at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.wrapper.MutableEnvironmentFacade.getAttribute(MutableEnvironmentFacade.java:176)

which ends in an OutOfMemoryException.

The possibility is that cocoon is not handling the given situation
gracefully. Since the stacktrace occcupies 128 kb I currently refrain
from posting it here.

Citing from the docs:

"If a project has a sitemap.xmap file in it's documentation dir, that
gets mounted automatically by Forrest and becomes part of the
processing: it is a preprocessing step, and is the first one to handle
the request."

I am suspecting that there is a subtle difference in the handling of a
project sitemap vs. handling of the forrest sitemap. The exception above
seems more like the symptom than the cause of the problem.

Any ideas?

Regards,

	Torsten