forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Automatic translation of content (Re: i18n usage)
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 00:57:30 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:
> embarrasing question: Is it the case that if we want multiple languages
> to be supported, we have to supply the
> translations per document page? Nothing will automatically translate for
> the app like how the online
> translation engines do it? Would be great to plug something like that in
> and simply do:

Embarrasing, why? It's a great idea.

Forrest doesn't do this, but an plugin that retrieved the content from a
translation engine would be a great contribution. Of course, the
translations would be less than perfect, but it is better than nothing.

If anyone wants to tackle this it's a great dev topic (and fairly easy
to do with guidance).

Ross