forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: i18n usage
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 00:53:50 GMT
Torsten Stolpmann wrote:
> - In contradiction to the documentation try naming your web pages
> index.es.xml instead of index_es.xml. We got that from studying the
> error logs closely and suspect the documentation is plain wrong here.
> Can someone from the dev team comment on this? We also renamed our
> default language files accordingly (index.en.xml in your case).

It is quite likely that the docs are at best misleading, or even incorrect.

i18n support in Forrest is a long way from complete right now and there
is almost no useful documentation (as this thread illustrates).

I don't have experience of our i18n, nor do I currently have the time to
go through the Forrest code right now to verify your conclusion, but if
you have it working this way then I reckon that's a pretty good indication.

It being the holidays in much of the world right now feedback may be
slow coming.

However, I (and probably others) are reading this thread an learning.
We'll shout if we see something wrong, otherwise you can assume your
work is educating us ;-)

Ross