forrest-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Stolpmann <>
Subject OutOfMemoryException with customized project sitemap. Was: linkmap customization
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:38:05 GMT

while enabling a similar modification in the project sitemap I
consistently run into OutOfMemory exceptions. I am using forrest 0.7
with the war option.

As a crosscheck I copied an existing, unmodified forrest sitemap.xmap
into the documentation folder which gives me exactly the same results.

When applying my intended changes to the forrest sitemap.xmap i am able
to achieve what i want. Any attempt to incorporate those changes in the
project sitemap fails with OutOfMemory Exceptions.

What am I doing wrong here? What parts of the original sitemap.xmap
would I need to implement in the project sitemap?

My current assumptions are:
<map:match pattern="*.html">...
<map:match pattern="**/*.html">...
And (out of necessity, cocoon would else complain about the missing
resource definition):
     <map:resource name="skinit">...

But again this gives me OutOfMemoryExceptions.

Helena: Did you succeed incorporating your changes in the project sitemap?

Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> If one wishes to add a third linkmap (if one refers to site.xml and
>>> tabs.xml being first two)),
>>> would one need to modify the forrest 7 src in:
>>> apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp
>>> to accept a third,
>>> then customize the xslt's? to handle the custom rules?
>> forrest sitemap:
>>  <map:match pattern="*.html">
>>         <map:aggregate element="site">
>>           <map:part src="cocoon:/skinconf.xml"/>
>>           <map:part src="cocoon:/build-info"/>
>>           <map:part src="cocoon:/tab-{0}"/>
>>           <map:part src="cocoon:/menu-{0}"/>
>>           <map:part src="cocoon:/body-{0}"/>
>>         </map:aggregate>
>> Just change to:
> Don't change it in the Forrest source files. Use a project sitemap to
> override that pattern.
> Ross

View raw message