forrest-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Stolpmann <Torsten.Stolpm...@verit.de>
Subject Re: i18n usage
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:04:51 GMT

Helena Edelson wrote:
> With things as they are now in my test, if my browser is on language n,
> the document (lang n) is served but I haven't gotten it to also to tabs
> and menues yet I see on other forrest sites it is working so I think I'm
> missing one thing.

looking at your post again - it is 'menu_es.xml' not 'menus_es.xml'
(just to make sure).

I'll give an example from our sources (HTH):

documentation/content/xdocs/tabs.xml:

<tabs ...>
   <tab label="Products" dir="products" indexfile="index.html"/>
</tabs>

translations/tabs_de.xml:

<catalogue xml:lang="de">
   <message key="Products">Produkte</message>
</catalogue>

translations/tabs_en.xml:

<catalogue xml:lang="en">
   <message key="Produkte">Products</message>
</catalogue>

> In my initial test I used the file naming conv index.es.xml and changed
> it not thinking it made a difference but I shall change it back and see.

Please do so.

> *Do you mean you didn't have to modivy or add anything to sitemap?

Exactly.

> Thanks,
> Helena

No problem.