forrest-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Stolpmann <Torsten.Stolpm...@verit.de>
Subject Re: i18n usage
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:51:33 GMT
Hi,

first of all:

Our site at http://www.verit.de is already running in i18n-mode
(currently only de and en is supported) using the servlet approach and
dynamic language detection using forrest 0.7.

I think from your description you are almost there:

- Setting project.i18n=true in forrest.properties is the right thing to do.

- In contradiction to the documentation try naming your web pages
index.es.xml instead of index_es.xml. We got that from studying the
error logs closely and suspect the documentation is plain wrong here.
Can someone from the dev team comment on this? We also renamed our
default language files accordingly (index.en.xml in your case).

- You are right about menus_es.xml, languages_es.xml, tabs_es.xml this
is what we did also and it worked as advertised.

- Yes, to my knowledge all your pages have to be translated seperatly.
Especially if you want to support 10 or more languages this will make
structural changes in your pages cumbersome to maintain. We already
suffer from this with just our two languages.

The above scheme worked for translating almost everything but some
settings defined in skinconf.xml (e.g. the feedback link). Especially we
never had to touch anything on the sitemap level.

HTH,

	Torsten

--
Torsten Stolpmann