forrest-user mailing list archives

From Helena Edelson <hel...@greenjaguar.com>
Subject Re: i18n usage
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:13:59 GMT
Hi,

It doesn't make sense to have to add this:
modify |cli.xconf| and add this line:
<uri type="insert" src-prefix="" src="index.html" follow-links="false"
dest="/var/tmp/fs/build/i18n/*.en" />
if you are in a live web environment - if you need mulitiple languages.

If forrest.properties setting is project.i18n=true,
and a user-client browser is language n,
is it only that we need to create all the catalogues, menus and tabs for
x lanuages we will support and the browser does the rest - i.e.
translate the document portion of the page
?

Also I can not find anything difinitive on modifying sitemap to handle i18n
I see forrest.xmap does a few things, I see the F7 site2html.xsl includes
  xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1"
exclude-result-prefixes="i18n"
in the xsl:stylesheet declaration so I am not sure what a dev needs to
do on the config side,
as it seems most of the work is done already in the guts of forrest itself.

thank you,
helena