forrest-user mailing list archives

From Helena Edelson <hel...@greenjaguar.com>
Subject Re: i18n usage
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:56:01 GMT
Hi,

I tested the i18n features of forrest-0.7-dev
- made a new dir
- fresh forrest seed
- turned forrest.i18n on
- added index_es.xml to .../xdocs/
- (menu_es.xml, languages_es.xml, tabs_es.xml in distro)
- index.xml file was renamed  index_es.xml

modified index_es.xml to display some Spanish text
Cheche's blog suggests to do this which I did as well:
|added project.configfile=/var/tmp/fs/cli.xconf| to |forrest.properties|
modify |cli.xconf| and add this line:
<uri type="insert" src-prefix="" src="index.html" follow-links="false"
dest="/var/tmp/fs/build/i18n/*.en" />

I looked in my build/tmp/projfilters.properties and found that even
though I set project.i18n=true in forrest.properties,
ant projfilters.properties output is project.i18n=false.
Why might this be?

My index_es.html is served (locale in browser set to 'es') yet the
menu_es.xml does not.
I know from mail-archives and others that translation of both menu and
doc can work.

embarrasing question: Is it the case that if we want multiple languages
to be supported, we have to supply the
translations per document page? Nothing will automatically translate for
the app like how the online
translation engines do it? Would be great to plug something like that in
and simply do:

localhost:8888/index.html?locale=es or localhost:8888/index.html?locale=fr

cheers,
helena