forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: use of images in extra-css
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:58:27 GMT

David Crossley schrieb:
> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
>
>>Ross, error.log is suspiciously empty.
>>Firefox (page info) gives
>>  http://localhost:8888/skin/images/top.png
>>as location for url('images/top.png').
>>
>>Helena is right, I forgot to mention where I put the image:
>>  It is below src\documentation\resources\images\
>

> That is the formal location.
>
> Did you try the old location:
>  src\documentation\content\xdocs\images\

No, I'm happy with the formal one: We make heavy use of PDF
output and this seems to be the only place that works.

I am always confused where to put the images: the resources
folder seems the right place to me but the forrest docs
mention the "old" location:
  http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#images

The question here was rather on how to address images from (extra)
CSS since the URLs there don't get resolved like in XML source.
Since the absolute path works, I'm fine.

Johannes

> -David
>

>>Thorsten's right:
>>The absolute path url('/images/top.png') gets resolved to
>>  http://localhost:8888/images/top.png
>>which displays properly.
>>
>>I just need to understand, still ;-)

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 *
D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de