forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject i18n and documentation (Re: access control - user roles by sitemap)
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:52:38 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:
> i am also working on i18n stuff. when i figure it out,
> i was thinking it might be help ful to write a how to.
> everything so far seems
> fractured in terms of the steps to take to implement.
> there are many if then's and info is everywhere, from
> docs to jira to cocoon docs..

Yes, your help in bringing it together into something coherent will be
*very* helpful. Most of the i18n stuff has been implemented by Cheche
who is still around on the dev lists, but rarely appears here on the
user list.

We need to improve i18n support in Forrest to make use of the new
locationmap stuff (one of the major improvements in the 0.8-dev work).
However, without a clear understanding of how the current i18n works
this is very difficult. even a rough outline of what you know so far
would be very useful to both users and devs. Don't worry about it being
complete a start is what is needed.

Ross