forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deploy to webapp loses projectInfo
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:20:14 GMT
Louis.Masters@log-net.com wrote:

> I have a working Forrest site.  When I deploy to a webapp, I lose the
> "Changes" and "Todo" areas of my site with the following error:

This is a known issue with packaging as a webapp. You may like to assign
yourself as a watcher to the issue to you can be kept abreast of
progress on this [1]

If you take a look at the last comments in the issue you will see there
is a workaround:

" The "webapp" target does not include the plugin files, but the "war"
target does:

WORKAROUND:

Build the war file with "forrest war" and deploy that instead. Your
servlet engine should unpack it when it is first used, but you could
always unpack manually if necessary."

It's easy to fix, but noboday has had a strong enough itch to fix it
yet. If you are that person please attach a patch to the issue.

Ross

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-735