forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dick Hollenbeck <d...@softplc.com>
Subject ext: BROKEN, now direct linking broken too
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:06:01 GMT
The project consists of some files generated with forrest, and some html
files that are generated with other tools.  The "site" is the composite
of the two sets of html files and it is to be distributed on CD, not on
a website, so using "http:" in the URL is not feasible.   I need to be
able to link from the forrest generated pages to the non-forrest
generated pages.  I cannot believe this would be so elusive.

Even using *direct* linking with a relative URL such as:

Forrest is doing two things I don't want:

a) transforming the URL "c_toolkit/modules.html" to  "path to xml
source/c_toolkit/modules.html"

This is wrong, and I do not want it.

b) verifying the existence of the file pointed to by the transformated

This is wrong, and I do not want it.

Help please.