forrest-user mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Quick way to skin php-files?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:02:20 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux a écrit :

> Ross, I have to go now, I'll be back on thursday...
> Thank you for your help,
>
> Cyriaque,
>

> Ross Gardler a écrit :
>
>> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>    I made this in my php pipeline :
>>>  <map:pipeline>
>>>
>>>    <!-- PHP Documentation -->
>>>    <map:match type="regexp" pattern="^(.*?)([^/]*).php$">
>>>      <map:generate src="cocoon://{1}{2}.html"/>
>>>      <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/php/document2php.xsl"/>
>>>      <map:serialize type="html"/>
>>>    </map:match>
>>

>> What does document2php.xsl do? Is this appraoch better for Ferdinand
>> than the one I suggest?

It just transform the <php> and </php> tags into *<?php* and *?>*...
In fact, I have created an output plugin for php format.
This plugin match php extension file in order to generate the skinned
HTML and clean the <php> and </php> tags between which I put php calls.

On the paper it was simple, my problem is the horible performance I get
to generate the skinned HTML.
With the Cocoon Profile I get :
1     file /src=/cocoon://livres/livres.html     3031     3031     3031
2     xslt /src=/resources/stylesheets/php/document2php.xsl     46
46     46

to get a php file whereas it takes arround 100 to get a "normal" skinned
HTML page...

>>>  </map:pipeline>
>>> And I realise with the cocoon profiler - thank you Ross - that it takes
>>

>> (don't thank me for the profiler that was Ron and Davids excellent
>> work - and the Cocoon community of course)
>>
>>> lot of time to call the <map:generate src="cocoon://{1}{2}.html"/> -
>>> and certainly lots of CPU because with dozens of php files I get an
>>> Out of Memory... -
>>

>> It should take no longer to request cocoon//**.html that it does to
>> request it via your browser. So the issue is not really with you
>> approach to including PHP stuff, rather with the generaton of the
>> original HTML stuff.
>>
>> Are you using the locationmap to retrieve remote files in this request?

No, all is local...