----- Original Message -----
From: Prasanna Narayanan
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 6:46 PM
Subject: Re: Help with forrest.properties

Thank you for your immediate reply.
but pardon me for my stupidity..
well actually the forrest.properties in FORREST_HOME/site-author doesnt have the
# Proxy configuration
# proxy.host=
# proxy.port=
text at all.
I guessed, probably correctly, that the file should be the one mentioned in FORREST_HOME/main/fresh-site?
or may I  know  where the file is?
morever i use windows XP Professional. and been using JAVA for quite a while ;)
so the problem i guess is not with environment variables but it lies somewhere else..

You should set the Java Home to point to the lib folder for a Java JDK installation, not a JRE runtime.
As the Java Home is not set, it is finding and assuming to use Java 1.5 from D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04
Right Click My Computer > Properties >Advanced > Environment Variables  then in the 'User Variables' section select 'New'

Enter JAVA_HOME for the variable name and enter the lib path of a Java JDK installation. Mine is
set at C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\lib

Whilst still in the 'User Variables' section also create an entry for Forrest Home, using 'FORREST_HOME' as the variable name and the path for where forrest root is as the value - e.g. C:\Apache2\Forrest

You might also want to add forrest home path to the path variable.

Cant help with the proxy as I never used it, but maybe worth checking the windows firewall is not blocking anything thats needed here (not that it blocks much anyway).

Gav...