forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Woods, Christopher" <cwo...@EO.Kollmorgen.com>
Subject RE: Recommended Forrest/Lenya CMS Strategies?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:03:42 GMT
Thorsten,

>In addition why do you want to use lenya and forrest together?

>Do it have to be port2forrest->forrest2lenya, or can it be as well
port2lenya->lenya2forrest?

>IMO 2) should be done via new lenya pubs.

I plan to use Forrest only to create new pubs or port existing pubs.
Once complete, they will live in the Lenya CMS and never return to
Forrest.

>There are a couple of issues to solve to have a out-of-the-box support
for lenya2forrest and vice versa. One major thing is site.xml (forrest)
vs sitetree.xml (lenya) and the way lenya stores documents (special
folder hierarchy).

This requires some thinking on my part as I assumed that going from
Forrest to Lenya is easily accomplished.  Should I simply port direct to
Lenya and leave Forrest out of the process?

Thanks.

Chris