forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <>
Subject Re: Define TOC per page, generating TOC for the whole documentation
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:14:24 GMT

Armin Waibel wrote:

> 1. Is it possible to suppress TOC generation for single document files?
> E.g.
> <toc max-depth="4" min-sections="1" location="page">
>    <include name="**/*" />
>    <exclude name="index.html"/>
>    <exclude name="news.html"/>
> </toc>

Another option would be to add extra-css in skinconfig to hide the
toc. To do that on a by-document-bases you'd have to have a class or
id-attribute in the body-element so that you could create a selective

Two more work-arounds:

- Forrest will not list headings that are embedded in other elements
  such as tables or div in the TOC.
- You can use p-Elements for the headings that you don't want to show,
  add a class="whatYouLike" and format those with extra CSS to look
  like a heading. Although, I must admit, this is rather a nasty hack!

> 2. Is it possible to induce Forrest to generate an index of content for
> the whole web-site? I can't find such a topic in Forrest documentation.
> For bulky documentation it would be useful to provide such an IOC.
> E.g.

Well, perhaps linkmap.html is a good start. It's generated
automatically in the root.

Hope that helps,

Ferdinand Soethe

View raw message