forrest-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Cordova <flavio.cord...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating site...
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:51:09 GMT
On 11/6/05, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:

> Flavio Cordova wrote:
> > I'm having two problems when generating the html files using forrestbot
> (or
> > forrest site):
> > 1) I have create a directory under src/documentation/content/xdocs and
> used
> > them on some images using <figure src="images/prounit/mainscreen.jpg"
> alt=
> > "..."/>. It works pretty fine both using forrest run and forrest site
> but
> > the resulting PDF file doesn't show any image. Is there something I
> should
> > do to fix it ?
>
> I don't know if this is related, but have you tried
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/faq.html#pdf_images

 This document mentions that some formats (BMP, GIF, JPG, TIFF and EPS) are
natively handled by FOP... Since all my images are jpg files shouldn't it be
already working ?

> 2) Also under xdocs I've create a directory called samples. In this
> > directory I have three files: result.xml, template.xls and default.css.
> When
> > I use forrest run all these files are available but when I generate the
> > documentation (forrest site) just the xml files is copied to the
> destination
> > directory. The two other files are missing...
> > Thanks for all !!!
>
> Are these files linked to from your other pages?
> See the bottom of
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/upgrading_07.html#raw

 Well, I've moved the directory where these images are to the content
directory (and not under xdocs anymore).. Then it almost worked fine.. all
the files were correctly copied but the XML file had his content changed
from:
 <?xml version="1.0" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='template.xsl'?>
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl'
href='template.xsl'?>
*<!DOCTYPE ProUnitExecutionLog PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.3//EN"
"document-v13.dtd">*
 Is there a way to tell forrest to consider this file a plain XML file,
avoiding it to change the content ?

-David