forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: user@forrest.apache.org forrest 0.7 automatic plug-in download
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:46:02 GMT
Olivier CEREDE wrote:
> In summary :
> - To be able to work with Forrest when the internet connexion is
> available through a proxy, and is protected by basic authentication,
> updates are necessary.

To be able to automatically install plugins yes. However, you can
manually install the plugin. Once this is done Forrest will run
perfectly OK. That is the plugin install is a one-off requirement the
first time you use it that particular plugin

> - I will be able to test the case when developpment will be done and
> binary available (before publication if apache Forrest group needs it)

Yes, although the update will be a single text file, no need to create a
new binary for you.

> - At the moment, I 've follow indications to deploy locally the output
> pdf plugin, present in the directory
> "%FORREST_HOME%/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf" using :
>   $> cd %FORREST_HOME%/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
>   $%FORREST_HOME%/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf> ant
> local-deploy
> (PS : Ant need to be correctly configured for this)
> ;-)

If you don't have ANT installed you can always download the plugin
manually and unzip it into FORREST_HOME/build/plugins as per previous mails.

(actually you have it as part of Forrest, but you are corect in that you
would need to know the path to it)

Ross