forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with forrest.properties
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:37:30 GMT
Prasanna Narayanan wrote:
> Thank you for your immediate reply.
> but pardon me for my stupidity..
> well actually the forrest.properties in FORREST_HOME/site-author doesnt
> have the
> # Proxy configuration
> # proxy.host=
> # proxy.port=
> text at all.
> I guessed, probably correctly, that the file should be the one mentioned
> in FORREST_HOME/main/fresh-site?

Each forrest site has its own forrest.properties file. You have to set
it for each site individually. Your own sites should be created as per
the docs with "forrest seed", this will provide the same
forrest.properties file as found in fresh-site.

> morever i use windows XP Professional. and been using JAVA for quite a
> while ;)
> so the problem i guess is not with environment variables but it lies
> somewhere else..

The proxy issue is nothing to do with environment variables. However,
you asked about them, presumably because if JAVA_HOME is not set there
is a warning in the build process. The two issues are completely
unrelated, and, depending on how your system is configured, you may not
see any problems if JAVA_HOME is not set.

Ross