forrest-user mailing list archives

From Moshe Yudkowsky <msha4...@bl.com>
Subject Re: Pinned Menus
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:47:27 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> You are using 0.7, right? If you want to change the behavior of the menu
> I am afraid you have to create your own skin and change the menu bit
> (site2xhtml.xsl).

Yes, I'm using 0.7.

Thanks for the answer: 0.7 doesn't support what I'm asking for, so I can
stop searching for a bit to change in the various config files.

I can modify site2xhtml.xls; in fact my site2xmhtml.xls is already
customized, and it's left over from version 0.5. I took out all the
"style" information that was in 0.5 and made my own skin that operated
solely out of CSS. (I suspect the file to actually modify is
book2menu.xls, but as usual with XSL the rule that needs to be modified
isn't immediately apparent. At least to me...)

> In the current head that would be really easy with themes (next
> generation skinning).

> If you need further help on that please subscribe to the dev list and
> ask over there again.

Just one question on this list: how stable is 0.8? I'd be willing to try
0.8 if I didn't have to fiddle with the themes I create every week, and
if the generated web site was reliable.

Thanks!

Regards,
  Moshe