forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quick way to skin php-files?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:25:26 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> I'm looking for a simple way og integrating documents with php-function
> calls (that generate content) into a Forrest Website. To be precise,
>
> I want to place an html-document with something like <?....> within
> its body into my Forrest and generate a skinned document with the
> ending .php (and the unchanged <?....> within its body) so that I can
> place this on a php-enabled server and use external scripts.
>
> Note: I'm not expecting the php-function calls to be resolved by
> Forrest, I merely want the document skinned and php-calls passed
> intact.
>
> Any suggestions?

I gather that you are saying that the XML Processing Instructions
(PI) get stripped somewhere by one of the transformations.

One way to find out where, is to view the actual xml stream
at each pipeline. Use the Cocoon profiler and follow the links
to see the actual xml.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/howto/howto-dev.html#debug-cocoon-profiler

-David