forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject generating TOC for the whole documentation
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 01:49:27 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Armin Waibel wrote:
>
> > 2. Is it possible to induce Forrest to generate an index of content for
> > the whole web-site? I can't find such a topic in Forrest documentation.
> > For bulky documentation it would be useful to provide such an IOC.
> > E.g.
>
> Well, perhaps linkmap.html is a good start. It's generated
> automatically in the root.

Yes, that was my suggestion too. This facility works nicely.
However it is only partially developed.

See an example at
http://forrest.apache.org/linkmap.html
or at any localhost:8888/linkmap.html

It is a special sitemap match which uses the site
navigation menu to generate this document.

The stylesheet that does this is at
main/webapp/resources/stylesheets/linkmap2document.xsl

However, note the bug. It only does the "Home" tab,
not the other tabs. It should be able to. You can see
that the information is present by doing
http://forrest.apache.org/abs-linkmap
or at any localhost:8888/abs-linkmap

Patches are welcome. The existing facility was a rush
job to show the potential. If you need more help,
then this would be a topic for the dev list.

By the way, with the static website build, this is
how we start the Cocoon crawler - feed it the whole
table of contents. The default forrest.properties has:
# The URL to start crawling from
project.start-uri=linkmap.html

-David