forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Recommended Forrest/Lenya CMS Strategies?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:15:35 GMT
El mié, 16-11-2005 a las 12:03 -0500, Woods, Christopher escribió:
> Thorsten,
>
> >In addition why do you want to use lenya and forrest together?
>
> >Do it have to be port2forrest->forrest2lenya, or can it be as well
> port2lenya->lenya2forrest?
>
> >IMO 2) should be done via new lenya pubs.
>
> I plan to use Forrest only to create new pubs or port existing pubs.
> Once complete, they will live in the Lenya CMS and never return to
> Forrest.
>

> >There are a couple of issues to solve to have a out-of-the-box support
> for lenya2forrest and vice versa. One major thing is site.xml (forrest)
> vs sitetree.xml (lenya) and the way lenya stores documents (special
> folder hierarchy).
>
> This requires some thinking on my part as I assumed that going from
> Forrest to Lenya is easily accomplished.  Should I simply port direct to
> Lenya and leave Forrest out of the process?

Actually if you really only want to use forrest to prepare the import I
strongly recommend to use lenya directly. I do not see any benefit from
porting first to forrest. Sadly we do not yet have accomplished an easy
integration process from forrest2lenya which would justify this step.

Later on you can use the lenya-plugin of the whiteboard to get the
content and render it with forrest, because that is the part that lenya
should/could use from forrest.

salu2
--
thorsten