forrest-user mailing list archives

From Peter Dykstra <pdyks...@optonline.net>
Subject req for help on using the OO plug-in
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:27:20 GMT
I am a forrest user from pre-plugin days and am having a little trouble
understanding how to use plugins - specifically getting the OpenOffice
plugin to work in forrest 0.7. Seems like I must be missing something
obvious -- any advice in getting over the hump would be appreciated.

Steps so far:

1. I've confirmed that the plugin is listed by running 'forrest
available-plugins'

2. I've added it to the plugin list in forrest.properties, as so:

project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf,org.apache.for
rest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org

3. I've saved an .sxw document in my xdocs directory and added the item in
site.xml (after the index) as so:

    <index label="Index" href="index.html" description="Welcome to MyProj"/>

    <oo1 label="OOOne" href="openoffice1.sxw" description="OpenOffice Sample
1"/>

The OOOne entry appears fine in the site TOC, but when I select it, instead
of displaying the text as a page in my site I get a prompt asking if I want
to open or save the document (which works, but was not the intent).

Any advice on how to get the .sxw doc to appear as a site page?   Thanks in
advance...