forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: Help with forrest.properties
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 12:36:23 GMT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Prasanna Narayanan
  To: user@forrest.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 6:46 PM
  Subject: Re: Help with forrest.properties

  Thank you for your immediate reply.
  but pardon me for my stupidity..
  well actually the forrest.properties in FORREST_HOME/site-author doesnt have the
  # Proxy configuration
  # proxy.host=
  # proxy.port=
  text at all.
  I guessed, probably correctly, that the file should be the one mentioned in FORREST_HOME/main/fresh-site?
  or may I  know  where the file is?
  morever i use windows XP Professional. and been using JAVA for quite a while ;)
  so the problem i guess is not with environment variables but it lies somewhere else..

  You should set the Java Home to point to the lib folder for a Java JDK installation, not
a JRE runtime.
  As the Java Home is not set, it is finding and assuming to use Java 1.5 from D:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04
  Right Click My Computer > Properties >Advanced > Environment Variables  then in
the 'User Variables' section select 'New'

  Enter JAVA_HOME for the variable name and enter the lib path of a Java JDK installation.
Mine is
  set at C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\lib

  Whilst still in the 'User Variables' section also create an entry for Forrest Home, using
'FORREST_HOME' as the variable name and the path for where forrest root is as the value -
e.g. C:\Apache2\Forrest

  You might also want to add forrest home path to the path variable.

  Cant help with the proxy as I never used it, but maybe worth checking the windows firewall
is not blocking anything thats needed here (not that it blocks much anyway).

  Gav...