forrest-user mailing list archives

From Paul Bolger <pbol...@gmail.com>
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:04:53 GMT
Hi everyone

I'm trying to get Forrest Views to work. Got the plugin and Contracts
list view working but now I'm a bit confused. If I apply a contract
such as the one in the Howto:

<forrest:views xmlns:forrest="http://apache.org/forrest/templates/1.0">
  <forrest:view type="xhtml">
    <forrest:contract name="content-main"/>
  </forrest:view>
</forrest:views>

I get an 'internal server error'.

But if I use the code from the ls.contracts file:

<forrest:contract name="content-main">
  <forrest:properties contract="content-main">
    <forrest:property name="content-main" nugget="get.body">
      <url>#{$cocoon/parameters/getRequest}.body.xml</url>
    </forrest:property>
  </forrest:properties>
</forrest:contract>

it seems to work. Anyone got any ideas why the first type won't work?

Also, Forrest seems to have slowed down- about 3 seconds to build
index.html in run mode -  and got quite verbose (in the console
window) since I installed views.