forrest-user mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <>
Subject Re: using HTML as input
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 05:02:27 GMT
Den 7. okt. 2005 kl. 12.22 skrev Miroslav Mocek:

> Great! According to the links, I have an easy solution.
> The only thing that needs to be done, to get HTML in UTF-8 encoding
> processed right is:
> edit <forrest>/main/webapp/WEB-INF/
> replace
> char-encoding=latin1
> with
> char-encoding=utf8
> see
> for additional info
> There is no need to play with java's file.encoding.
> Maybe this solves FOR-668?

Excellent! I hadn't found that setting - it does really solve the
immediate problem, as far as I can see from a short test.

I don't think it is a fix to 668 though, as one has to fiddle with
the forrest installation. A real fix would be to provide a way to
override the setting in

either in, or in the sitemap, as a parameter to
the HTMLGenerator.

But this is a nice step forward - thanks! :-)

Best regards,

View raw message