forrest-user mailing list archives

From Helena Edelson <hel...@greenjaguar.com>
Subject rss, xmap, date format, xsl:sort
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:50:01 GMT
Hi

I have rss for articles in a forrest  app and have been trying
unsuccessfully to set up rss for events.
Problems I am trying to solve:
1. articles rss requests each page while events must requests each entry
- events are a set of items output in one page
2. Events rss needs to be called and ordered by $date. Articles rss is
called by x number of entries.
    events must be broadcast not by date of event but by pubDate and
ordered by date.

current articles rss stylesheet
  <xsl:for-each select="articles/article[ position() &lt; ($entries+1) ]">
       <item>
                <link>..path/<xsl:value-of select="@id"/>.html</link>
                <pubDate><xsl:value-of select="date"/></pubDate>
       </item>
while for events rss would need to get by date and would need some
standard but in all iterations I have tried,
nothing has worked yet:
  <xsl:for-each select="events/event[ position() &lt; ($date+1) ]">
       <item>
                <link>..path/events.html</link>
                <pubDate><xsl:value-of select="pubDate"/></pubDate>
       </item>

Sitemap pipeline for articles uses:
          <map:parameter name="*entries*" value="15"/>
while for events would need something like
          <map:parameter name="byDate" value=""/>

I can't get anything to work so far with attempts at <xsl:sort ...>  or
what date format or if I need to break up date as
<events>
    <event>
       <eventInfo..../>
   </event>